Pages

Monday, February 15, 2010

Book Review: Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict by Laurie Viera Rigler



Book Description:
After nursing a broken engagement with Jane Austen novels and Absolut, Courtney Stone wakes up to find herself not in her Los Angeles bedroom or even in her own body, but inside the bedchamber of a woman in Regency England. Who but an Austen addict like herself could concoct such a fantasy?

Not only is Courtney stuck inside another woman’s life, she is forced to pretend she actually is that woman; and despite knowing nothing about her, she manages to fool even the most astute observer. For her borrowed body knows how to speak without slaying the King’s English, dance without maiming her partner, and embroider as if possessed by actual domestic skill.

But not even Courtney’s level of Austen mania has prepared her for the chamber pots and filthy coaching inns of nineteenth-century England, let alone the realities of being a single woman who must fend off suffocating chaperones, seducers, and marriages of convenience. Enter the enigmatic Mr. Edgeworth, a suitor who may turn out not to be a familiar species of philanderer after all.


My thoughts:
I have had Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict by Laurie Viera Rigler finished for over a week now and have tried to think what I wanted to say and can only come up with one word: Weird. Since the basis is time travel the main characters has gaps in her memory, which transferred over to my reading and left gaps in my reading pleasure. I very much dislike reading a story and trying to figure out what I missed. This book left me feeling frustrated that I put my time into reading it.

1 comment:

  1. I read this recently and like you wasn't that crazy about.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails