Pages

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Book Review: Miss Fortune by Sara Mills

Miss Fortune (Allie Fortune Mystery Series, Book 1)

Book Description:

They Call Her the P.I. Princess. It's 1947 and Allie Fortune is the only female (and probably the best) private investigator in New York City.Her work is a welcome distraction from her own past and she's just been hired on by a client who isn't telling the whole truth. Mary Gordon's claims of innocence don't fit with her ransacked apartment, being shot at, and the two Soviet agents hot on her trail.Meanwhile the FBI is working the case because a legendary and mysterious treasure has gone missing again. The only catch for Allie is her new "partner" Jack, an attractive, single agent who knows how to make her smile.As Allie and Jack chase after the gold they must contend with the Soviets who also want the priceless treasure back-after all, they stole it fair and square.
My thoughts:
I found Miss Fortune (Allie Fortune Mystery Series, Book 1) by Sara Mills while browsing my library's shelves. Since I've been in a mystery mood I decided to give it a go. Miss Fortune was everything I could ask for in a mystery. It seemed like there a new twist every time I turned the page. What made the story more interesting is that there are really two stories happening at once. One that the reader gets a glimpse while Allie thinks about the past and then one that is happening to Allie at the moment. Miss Fortune definitely was a page turner and left me hanging, which I am hoping will be resolved in the sequel, Miss Match.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE these two books! Absolutely love them! I saw your link on the Nightstand post and had to hop over and see what you thought!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails