Pages

Friday, July 23, 2010

Book Review: Q's Legacy by Helene Hanff

Q's Legacy

Book Description:
Here is the remarkable story of how Helene Hanff came to write 84, Charing Cross Road, and of all the things its success has brought her. Hanff recalls her serendipitous discovery of a volume of lectures by a Cambridge don, Sir Arthur Quiller-Couch. She devoured Q's book, and, wanting to read all the books he recommended, began to order them from a small store in London, at 84, Charing Cross Road. Thus began a correspondence that became an enormously popular book, play, and television production, and that finally led to the trip to England--and a visit to Q's study-- that she recounts here. In this exuberant memoir, Hanff pays her debt to her mentor and shares her joyous adventures with her many fans.
My thoughts:
Okay, I'm on a Helene Hanff kick! After reading 84, Charing Cross Road and The Duchess of Bloomsbury Street I went searching for more books. When I came across Q's Legacy, I knew that had to be my next book. I particularly enjoyed the first part of Q's Legacy since it tells about Hanff's self-education, which is a topic I really enjoy reading about. The rest of the books focuses on where 84, Charing Cross Road led her. Helene Hanff is a wonderful writer and draws the reader into her life and when your done you feel like you've made a wonderful friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails