Pages

Monday, August 9, 2010

Teaser Tuesday

Photobucket

Teaser Tuesday is hosted by Should be Reading.

Up and Down in the Dales

Up and Down in the Dales by Gervase Phinn

Anyone sharp-eyed enough to have caught sight of the occupants of the Mercedes that evening as it sped through the centre of Fettlesham in the direction of Fettlesham Royal Infirmary would have though they were hallucinating: an ageing German admiral with a handlebar moustache was at the wheel of the car, a heavily bemedalled SS officer was in the passenger seat, and on overweight nun with crimson lips and sky-blue eye-shadow was sitting the back gesticulating.

We hadn't long been on Infirmary Road before we heard the siren and saw the flashing blue light.
p.334

14 comments:

  1. A very interesting teaser. I am going to look into this book. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/08/teaser-tuesdays-in-the-first-circle.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got hooked with the teaser and I had to look for the meaning of gesticulate. Thanks! Another word for my vocabulary. =)

    I'll be adding the book in my reading list.

    Thanks for visiting my site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that certainly makes one curious. What a mix of people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm wondering is the Nun an impostor? "crimson lips and sky-blue eye-shadow...really? I think I will have to visit my library and see if they have this book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that one...I now have quite a visual image.

    Here's mine:

    http://rainysnowday.wordpress.com/2010/08/10/teaser-tuesdays-19/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here is mine; http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/08/teaser_09.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting set of characters. Nice teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very interesting teaser! I also like the cover of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Either a fancy dress party or a very strange situation during WWII!

    My teaser is here

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for stopping by. Enjoy your book. Mine's from The Lace Reader by Brunonia Barry.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like an intriguing and quaint mystery - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. They certainly sound like an odd trio! Nice teaser! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails