Pages

Friday, December 17, 2010

Book Review: The Gathering Storm by Bodie and Brock Theone

The Gathering Storm (Zion Diaries)

Book Description:
As Nazi forces tighten the noose, American-born, Loralei Kepler, daughter of a German resistance leader, must flee her beloved Germany. But is any place safe from Adolf Hitler's evil grasp? Loralei's harrowing flight leads her into the arms of needy child refugees, who have sacrificed everything in exchange for their lives, and toward a mysterious figure, who closely guards an age-old secret.

My thoughts:

I have been a big fan of Brock and Bodie Thoene's historical novels since I discovered them in Bible college. I was really excited to see The Gathering Storm (Zion Diaries) come out. The Gathering Storm (Zion Diaries) was very exciting and filled with a host of intriguing characters. Loralei's story was very compelling and heart-breaking at times. As much as I liked this story, I found the end very confusing. When I finished I kept going back and re-reading parts to see if I missed something. I think if the authors would have shed a little bit more light into their idea behind their "age-old secret", I may have understood the ending better. With that said, I won't let that deter that from reading the next book in the series and hopefully some of the questions will be answered.






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails