Pages

Friday, April 8, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal: April 4 - April 8, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal

In my life this week…
I have putting up with quite a bit of pain in my face and shoulder, especially at night. I am still trying to figure what is the cause--tooth, tight muscles, sinus--who knows! Anyhow, that doesn't make for a happy mama, but I made it through this week and we were able to stay on track.

In our homeschool this week…
Chantry and Destini finished up the chapters on birds in our Exploring Creation with Zoology I and we boldly headed off into the next chapter--BATS! Even though we learned that these homely little creatures aren't anything to be afraid of and the importance of bats in our world, that did not endear them to us.

Caleb started his Book of Centuries. This is something I've been wanting to do all year, so I am thrilled that it has been started!

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
The boys started baseball this week. This means I have to plan our days a little better, especially in the dinner department.

My favorite thing this week was…
Attending my homeschool mom's group. I look forward to these every month and always come away refreshed and inspired. It is like a breath of fresh air.

What’s working/not working for us
Our morning routine--right now it consists of me reminding the kids what to do. When I forget so do they. I need to get the routine down on paper and into their hands, thus making them responsible for getting their morning routine finished (maybe).

Homeschool questions/thoughts I have…
I was reminded at my homeschool meeting that focus of my family shouldn't be on  home "schooling", but rather home "discipleship".

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…



See more of The Homeschool Mother's Journal over at The Homeschool Chick.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails