Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal - May 15-21, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal

In my life this week…
Life was pretty much normal. School, work, church, etc. Delani spiced it up on Thursday by getting a little stomach bug which produced what she termed, "The worst diapers in the world!". It then moved on to mom and dad, but only made us feel nauseous and ugh!

In our homeschool this week…
We worked very hard this week. I showed the kids what needed to be done and they started putting the pedal to the metal. Destini finished her Language Lessons for the Elementary Child. We did a little extra in our reading.

Caleb wasn't able to work ahead, but he finished everything on his weekly list, except his science test which he will take tomorrow.

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
On Wednesday, Caleb and I headed to the H.E.L.P office for him to take his final test. He only had to retake the test in the areas in scored low in the first time. He showed improvement in all four areas he had trouble in.

We had baseball practice and a baseball game this week. Caleb pitched one inning. This is the first time he has every pitched. I was very nervous to say the least, but he did great and had a no-hitter.

My favorite thing this week was…
The sun actually came out and we had a few warm days. That was really nice. I am getting out my summer clothes in faith.

What’s working/not working for us…
We should be finished with Caleb's H.E.L.P exercises and I can't begin to say how excited I am. This has been a much needed thing for him to do, but it takes a lot of commitment to do it. Now we can focus on math and science.

Homeschool questions/thoughts I have…
None, I am on autopilot with one goal in mind--Get this year finished!

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
Well, our garden is in. My husband rigged this fancy contraction for the pole beans and peas.


See what others are doing over at The Homeschool Chick.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I haven't read the Penderwick's newest yet, but look forward to it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails