Pages

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Homeschool Mother's Journal - June 5-11, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal

In my life this week…
Whew! I had a busy week. Baseball practice and games, dentist appointments for all four kids, homeschool group meeting, church, and work. I was scheduled to go in for jury duty (my 3rd time I've been called in the last two years), but the trial was cancelled. I was doing a happy jig. Unfortunately, my name is thrown back in the pool,so that means I'll probably be called again in the next three months (sigh).

In our homeschool this week…
We are soooo close to being done. Chantry and Destini finished up Little Pilgrim's Progress, The Adventures of Robin Hood, and our readings in Our Island Story and This Country of Ours. Chantry also finished Little House in the Big Woods. Destini is sitting on some of her work, so next week all audio books are being banned until her work is finished.

Caleb finished up Joan of Arc, Boyhood and Beyond, Old Time Preacher Men, and his readings in A Child's History of England and Trial and Triumph for this year. Now we are just focusing on Math, Physical Science and Mystery of History III.


Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
-Baseball practice and games
-The dentist
-The library


My favorite thing this week was…
My homeschool mom's meeting--I love the fellowship.


What’s working/not working for us…
Right now everything is going great.

Homeschool questions/thoughts I have…
I have started working on next year's planning. I notice Destini and Chantry have some stories of Greek mythology and I'm not too settled on whether these are for us.


A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
Since we are still in baseball here are a few more shots.


Shade pitching to Chantry's team.

From Blogger Pictures
Chantry is ready for the ball!

From Blogger Pictures
And last, but not least--Delani playing peek-a-boo with the teenage boys. I think she was really flirting, but I won't tell her dad!

See more over at The Homeschool Chick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails