Pages

Saturday, October 8, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal - October 3-7, 2011



In my life this week…
Well, I would have to say it was pretty typical. School, work, church, clean (not really, it was on my list, but...), shop, and laundry. I had a few nights of insomnia, so I did get some enjoyable reading finished.

I also attended my homeschool Mom's group--a definite highlight of my week!

In our homeschool this week…
-We just finished up Week 5. So far, we have been able to stay on schedule.

-With Chantry and Destini we are trying out a new spelling program. We are using Rod and Staff's Sound and Structure. So far, Destini is really enjoying it. I'm sure Chantry could ditch all things that have to do spelling!

-Caleb told his friend that Math is his favorite subject. I was surprised, but what do I know!

-Caleb started his tutoring for writing. Writing is an area that I don't feel very qualified in and happen to have a friend that really enjoys it.  Hopefully, I can learn something, too.

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
We took a field trip to Bauman Farms, a local pumpkin patch. We tasted fresh apple cider and went out to the pumpkin patch. The kids each got a pumpkin, squash and Indian corn. They loved playing in the dark maze and the obstacle course. We brought home fresh apple cider donuts and a jug of apple cider.

My favorite thing this week was…
Our field trip and homeschool Mom's meeting.

What’s working/not working for us…
I realized that the scripture verse, Romans 6, that I picked for Caleb is a difficult piece. This weekend I'm off to look for another. That being said, he has memorized through verse 10.

We missed our nature walk. I have to rethink what day I am going to work this in
I’m reading…


A photo, video, link, or quote to share…


The Homeschool Mother's Journal 

See what others are doing over at The Homeschool Chick.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I am stopping by from THMJ. It looks like you are enjoying some fun fall activities! I am interested in the Mary & Joseph Parenting book. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails