Pages

Monday, July 16, 2012

The County Fair

Surprise!

This year I did something that I wanted to do for a very long time--entered items into the county fair. Since the kids had already entered Student Convention so we had items finished to enter. The fair ended Sunday evening and you could enter for free after 4 p.m. so we headed over to the fair grounds to look at everything. We really had some surprises!

All the kids entered their photography, but they did not place. They did receive a ribbon for participating.





Destini entered her poem in the Children 12 and under category. She received a 1st Place ribbon.


She also entered a scrapbook page and also received a 1st Place ribbon.


She also entered her baby blanket and received four awards! Best of the Show Junior, Superintendent's Choice Youth, and the Blockheads Quilt Club Award.



I also entered two items I had sewed. One was a child's skirt which I received a 1st Place ribbon.


The other was a jumper I had made Delani. For this one I received a 1st Place ribbon, Best of Class Adult, and Best of Show Adult.


Overall, we were pretty excited and amazed. Destini and I received gift cards to Michael's plus Destini received $10 cash prize from a local quilt club.


I was hoping to enter the State Fair, but we missed the deadline. This is something I am looking forward to next year and my mind is thinking of all these ideas to do next year, plus I'm hoping to add more handicrafts to our school schedule. Of course, what I dream about doing and what actually happens will depend on how life goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails