Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

What's On Your Nightstand - July

What's On Your Nightstand
For August:



From my June post I read:
Housekeeping by Marilynne Robinson (review)
The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
Wonderland Creek by Lynn Austin  (review)
Beyond Survival: A Guide to Abundant-Life Homeschooling by Diana Waring
Reaping the Harvest: The Bounty of Abundant-Life Homeschooling by Diana Waring

I also read:
The Baron's Governess Bride by Deborah Hale
The Outsider by Ann Gabhart
Miss Match: A Lauren Holbrook Novel by Erynn Mangum
Summer of Promise by Amanda Cabot
When All My Dreams Come True by Janelle Mowery
You Are a Writer (So Start Acting Like One) by Jeff Goins

I listened to:
The Mysterious Affair at Styles by Agatha Christie
Murder on the Links: A BBC Full-Cast Radio Drama by Agatha Christie

I am currently reading:
Swallows and Amazons by Arthur Ransome

This month I actually did most of my reading at the beginning and the end of the month. I also was really bad about writing any reviews. I was busy having fun sewing skirts (herehere) for my girls and a gift for my mom.

I didn't pick too much for this month since my parents are coming to visit and we plan to take a small vacation. I also have to sit down and finish my next year school years plans and find time to start school. Whew! I don't think that will leave too much time for reading.

See what others have read over at 5 Minutes for Books.

7 comments:

  1. Glad I'm not the only one who has bad months review-wise. Sewing/crafting (and work, bleh) have been filling my non-reading spare time, leaving little time for reviews.

    Your girls' skirts are darling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe. One of my all time faves. The Goins book looks interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard good things about Marilyn Robinson and need to check out one f her books.

    LWW is an all-time favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, the YOU ARE A WRITER book sounds intriguing... I may have to grab that off Amazon!

    Happy reading,
    Dawn, 5M4B

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reaping the Harvest sounds promising!! I'm very curious about that one.

    I am very behind in blogging but I'm catching up on comments, posts, etc., and I'm going to be poking around on your site very shortly. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great list! I hope you enjoy your family visits next month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I grew up reading "Swallows & Amazons" and loved them! You know there's a whole slew of books.

    What a lovely long list you've got!

    elizabeth@5MFB

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails