Pages

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Giving Thanks in All Things


Thanksgiving is approaching soon. You know that time of year where we all make an extra effort to be a little more thankful than normal. As a Christian I "know" I should be thankful all year long which I try to be, but sometimes "Life Happens"--you know those moments that kind of blindside and smother you and being thankful isn't very high on your list at the moment.

It seems lately I've have been having quite a few of these moments. I wish I could say that I respond like Job when he said, "...the Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord." (Job 1:21b). Unfortunately, I usually find myself becoming emotional and end up acting like Job's wife--not who I want to emulate!

With all of this going on I was scheduled to attend a ladies conference at the coast. Getting there wasn't an easy task by the time I had the kids through their school work, laundry finished, packing finished, and hoping I didn't have a child coming down with a sickness. Now through all of this I Thessalonians 5:18 kept swirling around in my head which I was trying to ignore, because honestly I didn't know what to say. I didn't know if I could say I was truly thankful for the things that had happened.

During the meeting one of the speakers said, "Bitterness cannot take root in grateful heart." Yes, she had my attention and I determined with God's help that I was going to take I Thessalonians 5:18 to heart like I know I should.

Tonight we sat down as family and started to record the things we are thankful for. Yes, we started late and yes, it will be simple project, but that is okay! My focus right now is put my problems aside and focus on being thankful to God for ALL things.

What about you? Are you putting a special emphasize on being thankful?

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails