Pages

Sunday, April 27, 2014

The Homeschool Mother's Journal: Easter Disaster & More

April 26 Collage 

1. We received a "welcome" to homeownership Easter morning. I discovered water dripping out of the light fixture in the laundry room. We were able to narrow it down to a leak in our shower and my husband is still working on getting it fixed. I don't have a working light in my laundry room. I am thankful that it isn't big and the I can still see little bit. I am also thankful I didn't unpack my laundry room boxes yet. I did take the leak very well. I didn't freak out, but I did run to Walmart!

2. & 3. After getting everything dried up we got ready for church (I am smiling!). All the kids received a bag of Starburst jelly beans. Normally they each receive a book, but with our move that didn't happen. I did make up for it on Tuesday when we stopped at Exodus Books and the kids picked out their own book.

4. & 5. I was embarrassed that my boys had such long hair for Easter Sunday. Tuesday we headed up to Portland and the boys finally got a haircut.

6. I was making dinner and had to leave the kitchen for a minute. When I came back I found Delani had pulled up a chair and was stirring the food. She was pretty proud of herself.

7. Chantry said his poem for his presentation at co-op.

8. Even though it was cold and rainy this week, Delani found a little time to play outside and was excited to discover that she can finally pedal her bike.

9. Since we have been focusing on Student Convention, I still don't have too many boxes unpacked. I am thrilled though that Shade found time to hang up a new towel rack for the kids. Even though we have only been in the new house for 3 weeks, the old, cheap ones were already starting to pull away from the wall, plus you can't hang four towels on one towel rack!

In our homeschool:
Again, due to ACTS Student Convention we have really focused on what the kids entries and working on keeping up with our reviews. This week is the big week when they compete. Chantry will be reciting his poem. Caleb will be reciting a famous speech, preaching, and performing a dramatic signing song. Caleb also has a colored pencil picture (which is done!).  Destini is working furiously on her cross-stitch picture and quilt. They all also entered a picture in photography, but now I still have to matte them.

  Homegrown Learners
So You Call Yourself A Homeschooler?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails