Pages

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

G is for Graduation

Ben and Me

On Sunday, June 8, my oldest son, Caleb, graduated from high school. We held his graduation at our church during our regular Sunday service time. It was a little unconventional in the fact that he did not wear a cap and gown, but since homeschoolers never do anything normal, I figured it wouldn't matter much. In fact, I don't think anyone even commented on the fact that he wasn't wearing one. Here is a run down of how his graduation went. 

Caleb's Graduation 1 
1. The table I set up at the back of the church. The big square frame had a place for people to sign. We started our church service with singing and offering. I read an article that I had been keeping for such a time as this and then we had a power point presentation that started from his birth until the present.
2.  He requested that both of his Grandpas speak for his graduation, so his Papa Starr spoke first.
3. Caleb next gave his speech where he went through his thank yous and shared his favorite verse. He spoke from his heart and I still tear up thinking about what he said. When he was done he did a signed, along with his friend Hannah, the song "He's Everything to Me" by Avalon.
4. Next his Papa Kaske spoke and exhorted him.
5. This was followed up with his dad presenting Caleb with his diploma.
6. Then his Dad and his Grandpa gathered around and prayed for him.
 Caleb Graduation 2

After the graduation we had family over for pizza, since some of them can't come to his party that we are having for him this coming Saturday. I didn't get the pictures I really wanted since I was quickly trying to get to Costco to pick up the pizza. After everyone had gone I did get a few pictures of him with his diploma. 
7.-9. Caleb and his diploma. I ordered this from HSLDA.
10. Caleb also received a new Bible from his Grandma and Grandpa Kaske.

5 comments:

  1. Such a handsome young man. Many blessings on his new journey! Congratulations on his graduation- to both of you!!! Would love to se his signing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! What a milestone. May he be blessed as he takes his next steps on his journey. - Lori H

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to Caleb and to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to Caleb, and to you!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails