Pages

Friday, August 15, 2014

Back to Homeschool 2014-2015: The Extra Goodies

BTH - the Extras

Now I come to the place where I don't quite have everything planned out and a lot still rolling around in my mind. I want to focus on Circle Time, though it gets call Bible Time more often than not. So here is a look at the extras. 

BTH - The extras

Four times a week: 
One time a week: 
  • Citizenship - Plutarch's Lives. I haven't been very successful with this yet, but we will attempt it again. I also may have Destini start Ourselves by Charlotte Mason. 
  • Logic - How to Read a Book by Mortimer Adler and Charles Van Doren. This book starts in Ambleside Online's Year 7, but I thought if I started it now we may get through it by the time Destini graduates. 
  • Composer Study - We will listen to 2-3 composers through out the year. I haven't quite figured out which ones yet. 
  • Artist Study - I have three picked out, though I'll be happy if we get to two. Term 1 - The Hudson River School: Cole, Church, Cropsey, Durand, Term 2 - Fra Angelico, Term 3 - Diego Velazquez. 
  • Local co-op that we participate in one day a week. Chantry and Delani will have art, presentation, and P.E along with some party days and they do what is called Knights (class for the boys) and Daisies (class for the girls). Destini will be in the teen group and they will be doing a Reader's Theater, a study of personalities, and Dave Ramsey's Foundations in Personal Finance
So that is a sketch of what our year will look like. Of course, many things could change. My main goal is to find a fine balance and not overwhelm me or my kids. We will start with the basics along with Bible and then slowly add in the the rest of the extras.

See more:
Back to Homeschool 2014-2015: Math
Back to Homeschool 2014-2015: Language Arts
Back to Homeschool 2014-2015: History
Back to Homeschool 2014-2015: Science

Rebecca @ Raventhreads 
Jennifer @ Milk & Honey 
Mommy Dawn @ Guiding Light 
Homeschool Monique @ Living Life and Learning 

Back to Homeschool Blog Hop

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails