Pages

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

What's On Your Nightstand - November

What's On Your Nightstand

The end of November has approached and I found this month I didn't quite get everything read that I was hoping to get read. I have two books from last month still on the list. I am over half-way through quiet and my goal for Gone with the Wind was to start it, which I did (a whole whopping 20 pages). I don't know how conducive December is for reading, but we shall see.

 

From October's Nightstand I read:
  • The Four Graces (Miss Buncle Book 4) by D.E. Stevenson - This book is set in Chevis Green (from Miss Buncle Married). I enjoyed the Miss Buncle books more, but this still was an enjoyable read.
  • A Question of Honor (Bess Crawford Mysteries) by Charles Todd - I think this has been one of the most suspenseful Bess Crawford books so far. I have really enjoyed this series so far.
  • The Reading Promise: My Father and the Books We Shared by Alice Ozma - Okay this book falls in the dreaded memoir genre, which I tend to love or hate. This book is not about books, but rather about the period in the author's life that known as "The Streak", a time when her father read aloud to her everyday, and what happened in her life during that time.  If you want to be encouraged to read-aloud to your kids you may enjoy this. If you are wanting to read a book about books, then this isn't it. Honestly, I recommend skipping the book and listening to The Read-Aloud Revival podcast in which the author is featured.
I also read:
I listened to:
  • Hickory Dickory Dock by Agatha Christie - Continuing on with the Poirot series. I think Hugh Fraser does an awesome job of narrating.
 
See what others have read over at 5 Minutes for Books.

3 comments:

  1. I jut finished Somewhere Safe with Somebody Good a moth or two ago and loved it.

    I had to smile at your comment about Macomber. I see many bloggers loving her books, but I tried one and didn't finish it - and that's rare for me.

    Blogspot isn't letting me comment using my wordpress account -

    Barbara H. @ Stray Thoughts
    http://barbarah.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your goal of just starting a book; I do that sometimes too. :) I loved Quiet! The Read-Aloud Revival podcast sounds very interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you read a LOT more than I did, as usual. ;). I weaned my baby mid-November, so that means way less time in the rocking chair for me, and thus less time reading. I want to pick up the new Mitford book, but I have to read all the others (besides the first one) first.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails