Pages

Monday, February 15, 2016

Lots of Love - Valentine's Day 2016

Over the years we have had an annual tradition of handmade Valentine's Day cards along with a book and a bag of candy. This year I added a few things. I don't know if these will become traditions, but it was a lot of fun and added a little spice to our celebrations.

Untitled

Beginning February 1 I put heart shaped post-it notes on my kids' doors with words of love and affirmation.
  Untitled

We started the day with heart-shaped cinnamon rolls. Check Pinterest for the idea. No, I did not slave away making homemade rolls. I will tell you right now that they came out of a can. Then right before church the kids' opened their handmade cards and candy.

Untitled
I was feeling unmotivated and suggested that this year I would just buy them cards. 
That was met with a resounding "No!". 

Untitled
1. My hubby's 2. Caleb 3. Chantry 
4. Destini 5. Delani

Untitled
The kids' books: Caleb - The Auschwitz Escape
Destini - The Scarlet Pimpernel
Chantry - The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Perilous Journey
Delani - Beauty and the Beast & King Jack and the Dragon

Untitled
Valentine's Day 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails